Wilson Tennis invited the media out into the desert sunshine earlier this week, for an opportunity to learn about the racket company’s new PlayerID system, powered by the Sony Smart Sensor. Greeted by world #3 Simona Halep on the WTA Tour and world #4 Kei Nishikori on the ATP World Tour, Wilson presented the BURN Challenge. Launched just last week, the new BURN line (wilson.com/burn) is a brand new family of rackets loaded with power and spin.
Both Halep and Nishikori use the new Burn, and this competitive but friendly challenge was a fun experience out in the beautiful southern California desert.
What was the challenge?
Equipped with the Sony Smart Sensor at the bottom of the Wilson Burn racket, complete the following:
– Eight groundstrokes from baseline, alternating forehands and backhands
– Touch three cones located in the left alley
– Run through agility ladder
– Touch three cones in right alley
– Complete five (5) air squats
– Complete three (3) push ups
– Hit one (1) serve from Deuce court and one (1) serve from Ad court
One last thing, it is a timed challenge. Players worldwide will compete at Wilson Burn Challenge events, with a trip to the US Open as the winning prize. Burn the baseline!
Roger Federer Practice Video (taken by FedFan).